Friday 1 March 2013

Meet Lily and Max

 
Struggled a bit with the blogging last year so widening my remit by blogging about all things dog! dog exercise, dog treats, dog training, dog walking, dog business etc In my job I'm learning every day so as I go along I will attempt to make my learnings readable!

Thats a pic of Lil and Max who were two of the dogs out on our Dog Adventure today, they both started when they were around 6 months old. They had individual walks for the first few months 30/45 mins we spent a lot of time getting to know the dogs finding out what they like doing and getting their recall up to speed ( which wasn't easy with Lil) Now they both do adventures almost every day. They both love to play which makes my job easy. I make sure they just play with me, the toys and not each other, some may think this is unfair but in my opinion dogs that to play together too much are rarely as well behaved as dogs that play with their owners.  Lots of interaction with toys, treats, playtime and even just conversation strengthen the bond between dog and owner (or in my case dog and walker/minder) this makes for a happy pack that are motivated and easy to control, which is a very important remit for a dog walker.

No comments:

Post a Comment